comparing two files yy.unl and xx.dat

Thiyagarajan, Jemima jthiyaga at kmart.com
Thu Dec 9 12:40:00 PST 2004

Hi all

I am new to shell scripts. I have a doubt. Please somebody help me.

Any explanation with example will be appreciated.

I try to compare 2 files xx.dat (data separated by comma) and yy.unl
(data separated by |).

And if a record in xx.dat is not found in yy.unl then move that record
to some database table like db2 table.

Thanks

Jemima

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of
Kmart Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary
information. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on
information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of
information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal
prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message immediately.