teamspeak server on 5.3-STABLE

Jorn Argelo jorn at wcborstel.nl
Thu Dec 9 05:54:30 PST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 08:38:49 -0500, Jason wrote
> installed teamspeak_server-2.0.19.40_1
> from ports and when I start it up, the teamspeak sevrer starts, but
> the web admin interface does not. When I try to start the server
> manually as root, all It gives is
>
> monsterjam# /usr/local/lib/teamspeak_server/server_linux
> Error starting daemon. Aborted
>
> any idears?

Not sure about your problem, but AFAIK the sound driver is only capable of
accepting requests from a single program only. So if you start a game and then
teamspeak, teamspeak will not work. I've been playing around with this too,
but I never managed to get it working. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Cheers,

Jorn.