Ripping audio cds as a normal user

Nicholas Wieland nicholas_wieland at yahoo.it
Thu Dec 9 05:31:59 PST 2004

Hi *, I'm trying to rip audio CD with cdda2wav or paranoia as a normal
user. To say the truth, I've succesfully managed to accomplish my task,
but I really don't like my solution ... I've changed defvs.conf:

perm    xpt0    660
perm    pass0   660
perm    pass1   660

My user is member of the operator group.
My question is if someone has a cleaner solution, something like an
"audio" group or a particular devfs.conf configuration and wants to
share it :)

TIA,
  ngw

--
checking for life_signs in -lKenny... no
	Oh my god, make (1) killed Kenny ! You, bastards !

nicholas_wieland-at-yahoo-dot-it