Samba/two Win2K machines

Martin Hepworth martinh at solid-state-logic.com
Thu Dec 9 01:02:59 PST 2004

Patrick

doing this over a 10mbs half duplex network will give lots of collisions
(a half duplex network uses one set of wires to communicate both ways -
hence you get collisions as both machines try to talk at the same time.

Also the smb protocal isn't very efficient so a long time like this
isn't unexpected even if running 100mbs!

Prob best way if to spend a few (insert local currency) and buy a small
100mbs switch which will help esp if you're network cards can run 100mbs.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

the system manager.