"Designed for FreeBSD" stickers

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Tue Dec 7 12:59:50 PST 2004

> After few more minutes of thinkings, 'Powered by' is more suitable
> than 'Designed for'.

Oh, I don't know.   This is an education project.   We might as well
educate some designers too.

> I work as a system administrator.  We have mixture of Linux, Windows, Freebsd(thanks to me) in our server room.  It's pretty sad when I can see the Windows and the Linux (redhat - slackware) logos stuck on the front of the rack servers.
>
> We show our potential clients to our production server rooms whenever they request for it.  They always ask what those (freebsd) servers are running because there are no logo stickers.  I ended up sticking a white label with black arial font "FreeBSD."  Is this what FreeBSD systems deserve?
>
> FreeBSDsystems had couple of nice logos on their server packages.  I think that we should set few samples up for the community to use.
>
> For myself, I want one so I can stick it on my desktop at home so it'll look better to casual computer users and to annoy my wife that my desktop is better than her gentoo desktop.

OK.  So I went and looked for them.   They are from FreeBSD Mall.

Go to:           http://www.freebsdmall.com/cgi-bin/fm

Select 'Promo' and then 'FreeBSD Sticker Sheet'
They are only $0.50 US each so get a hundred or so.

There are a bunch of other promo items at that site as well.
The 'FreeBSD Plate Logos' are nice to stick on and look more
impressive than a mere sticker.   A FreeBSD beanie is good to
sit on top of your monitor and keep a benevolent eye on you.
And, of course, FreeBSD boxer shorts are a real turn on for
your significant other.

////jerry