ffmpeg port

Lucas Holt laffer1 at foolishgames.com
Tue Dec 7 09:38:59 PST 2004

Just an fyi, the ffmpeg port is not building propery for two possible
reasons.  First, several of the html documents are not found and make
dies.  Second, if you ran the install once and it failed, it created a
symlink in /usr/local/lib/ for a libavacodec.so (or something like that).

So to get it to install, comment out the doc portion of the make file and
remove that symlink before doing make install.

You will get no man pages and a waring about it but it will install the
port.

Also, mpeg4ip port was causing me problems because it required a newer
build of autoconf/automake.  I deinstalled all versions and found autoconf
2.53 still in /usr/local/bin.  After installing 259 and moving the
previous versions files, mpeg4ip built fine.