Issues with version numbering and some ports

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Mon Dec 6 06:24:11 PST 2004

Trey Sizemore <trey at fastmail.fm> writes:

> On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 11:44 -0500, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> > Trey Sizemore <trey at fastmail.fm> writes:
> >
> > > Let me rephrase this previously posted question with a more desriptive
> > > subject, I'm trying to get the CVS version of sylpheed-claws installed
> > > on this 5.3 box (so if you've done it successfully, I'd *love* your
> > > feedback).  However, I'm getting a lot of errors:
> >
> > This is why we have the ports collection...
>
> Yes, but here is a case where the application I want, specifically
> sylpheed-claws-gtk2 is *not available* in ports.

The ports should still provide some valuable clues; they're not magic,
after all, just an encapsulation of the kind of experience with the
program that you were hoping someone would post with.  It's for a
slightly earlier version, admittedly, but the mail/sylpheed-gtk2 port
is pretty short and doesn't involve any unusual magic.  The only thing
that jumps out at me is that it calls out libtool 1.5...