Disk problems - hard error reading fsbn NNNNNNNN

Matt Navarre mnavarre at cox.net
Sun Dec 5 18:08:19 PST 2004

orville weyrich wrote:

>Before doing anything to your hard drive, check out
>your computer's power supply -- if they go off
>tolerance on voltages, you may start getting disk
>errors -- often the first sign of power supply
>problems.

Hmmm, Ok, I can see that. The errors are confined to one slice on the
disk (ad1s2e) the other slice fsck'd fine. so I should be able to
recover that data using a FreeSBIE cd and writing to a new drive. The
damaged partition I can *hopefully* recover using dd_recover. Once I do
that I'll try the drive in another computer and see if the problem's
still there.

we'll see.....