Suport for MySQL and Postgresql in PHP

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Fri Dec 3 20:12:52 PST 2004

Mário Gamito wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for this newbie question :(
>
> I've installed Apache-PHP sucessfully, but PHP lacks suport for MySQL
> and Postgresql.
>
> Are there any ports for that, or must i edit PHP's Makefile to include
> suport for both databases ?
>
> I've searched all around the ports colection, but didn't find anything :(
>
> Any help would be apreciated.
>
> Warm Regards.

According to /usr/ports/UPDATING:

20040719:
  AFFECTS: users of PHP
  AUTHOR: ale at FreeBSD.org

  The old lang/php4 and lang/php5 ports have been splitted into 'base' PHP,
  PEAR, and shared extensions to allow more flexibility and add new
features.
  Upgrading your current PHP installation will result in a 'base' PHP
  installation (no PEAR and no extensions).
  PEAR can be found in the new devel/php4-pear and devel/php5-pear
ports, while
  the set of PHP extensions to install can be choosen via the meta-ports
  lang/php4-extensions and lang/php5-extensions, or installing singular
  extensions individually.
  If you have a previous php.ini configuration file, be sure to comment out
  the extension_dir parameter, since the correct path is statically compiled
  into the PHP binary.
  For an overview of the modules used with the old PHP binary, use
  the command "php -m".

Now, according to /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions/Makefile, installing
this port will get you support for MySQL.

# cd /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions
# make install clean

However, PostGres support is optional, so if you want both:

# cd /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions
# make WITH_PGSQL install clean

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey