harddisk 2,5" laptop problems

Thomas Lippert tlippert362 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 3 13:59:52 PST 2004

Marta Resende wrote:
> not "disk error",  "Read error"
Since you can boot windows try getting the appropriate diagnostics from
the harddisk manufacturer and running them. If I remember correctly
"disk error" when i get it is a lack of proper boot sector, read error
is more likely a problem with the disk. If that is the case backup all
the data and see if you can return the disk. On second thought depending
  on how old the disk is you may want to do this before testing. But to
know that you will need to run the diagnostics.

I am not sure whether to say i hope this is it or not. It would be nice
if the disk weren't broken. ;)