Why these connections from 127.0.0.1?

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Dec 2 08:21:38 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 01:20:49PM -0300, Fernando Gleiser wrote:
: In the original case, it seems he is not runing those services. When sendmail
: (or whatever mta he's using) tries to make an ident lookup, it fails and
: log in vain logs the connection attempt to the closed port (it only logs
: attempts to connect to closed ports). Same for biff, something tries
: to query biff, the connection is refused because it isn't listening,
: log in vain logs it. That simple, I wouldn't worry about it

I'm running a local sendmail just to forward root mail to my user account.
The rest of my mail comes from remote accounts or POP3.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.