Exim and FBSD 5.3

Kees Plonsz kees at jeremino.homeunix.net
Thu Dec 2 01:02:22 PST 2004

On Thursday 02 December 2004 08:39, Nelis Lamprecht wrote:

> Actually the default user/group for the port install is mailnull:mail
> There are many configuration options(if not all) which can be
> added/tweaked simply by editing the Makefile in the port directory(or
> via the command line). The best part is it sets up all the directory
> permissions user/group etc for you and generally just works. Trust in
> the ports, it will save you a lot of headaches in the long run
> especially when it comes to upgrading.
>
> Nelis

I think it is a different makefile. The one in the original tar ball
is 45 kBytes long. But the one in the ports tree is 16 kBytes.
There were a lot of options like the "logfilepath" wich is
default not via "syslogd" and put somewhere in an exim dir.

I do a clean install when I do an upgrade. Disk space is
cheap, even for a poor guy like me.

Kees.