Exim and FBSD 5.3

Kees Plonsz kees at jeremino.homeunix.net
Wed Dec 1 11:17:51 PST 2004

You guessed right, of course I am running exim without those errors:

Tidying Exim hints databases:

Tidying Exim hints database /var/spool/exim/db/retry
Tidying complete

Tidying Exim hints database /var/spool/exim/db/wait-remote_smtp
Tidying complete

#exim d

Exim version 4.42 uid=1001 gid=1001 pid=4084 D=fbb95cfd
Probably Berkeley DB version 1.8x (native mode)
Support for: iconv() IPv6 OpenSSL
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dnsdb
dsearch
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
changed uid/gid: forcing real = effective
  uid=0 gid=1001 pid=4084
  auxiliary group list: 1001
configuration file is /usr/local/etc/exim/configure
log selectors = 00000ffc 00014400
exim: debugging permission denied

#ls -la  /var/spool/exim/
total 6
drwxr-x---  2 mailnull  mail  512 Nov 17 20:23 db
drwxr-x---  2 mailnull  mail  512 Dec  1 15:30 input
drwxr-x---  2 mailnull  mail  512 Dec  1 15:30 msglog

What else is there to know ?