LDAP, pam, nss

Curtis Vaughan curtis at npc-usa.com
Mon Aug 30 17:24:19 PDT 2004

In order to get centralized logins to work on my Linux Debian computers
(authenticating of a RedHat Samba server), I have to:

install libnss-ldap libpam-ldap.
Perform some configuration on the of /etc/libnss-ldap.conf and
/etc/pam-ldap.conf files.
Edit the /etc/nnsswitch.conf file.

Then I can check that the packages have been installed by issuing the
command nscd.

Finally to get authentication happening in specific applications, I go
to the directory /etc/pam.d/  and edit the service files there though
which I want such authentication to occur.

Now, of course, no one here is looking for instructions on how to do
something on Linux, but I was now wondering what it is I need to do on
my FreeBSD server to get this functionality working?  I can't seem to
find anything similar so far in my searches.

Thanks for any pointers in the right direction.

Curtis