slightly OT - journal or project tracking app query

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Aug 30 11:28:37 PDT 2004

Louis LeBlanc wrote:
[ ... ]
> I'll have to check this out.  Only thing is I'm not crazy about the
> monolithic nature of emacs - I don't even have it installed.  Vim
> isn't nearly so huge (yet).

Although I'd rather use Emacs for anything serious, I don't have it installed
everywhere either: vi or ee do have size advantages, you're certainly right.

However, the ChangeLog format is pretty simple, no reason you couldn't emulate
it by hand.  Entries look like:

2003-05-30  Charles Swiger  <chuck at pkix.net>
         * added Mersenne Twister RNG in place of srandom()

         * used cproto to convert old K&R C code to ANSI with prototypes,
         which fixed a program hang in the dust accretion process

...but emacs does a good job of autoindenting new entries for you, and
wrapping the text, etc.

--
-Chuck