Messed up port updating (Was Re: Updated to 4.10, now portupgrade?)

Donald J. O'Neill donaldj1066 at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 26 18:21:52 PDT 2004

Hello Kevin,
Actually Curtis' sup file would be just fine with one small change:
 the line "ports-all" should be changed to "ports-all tag=."

If he makes this change it could save him a lot of grief at a later
time, if he decides it's time to upgrade source, and comments out
or replaces the "ports-all" line with src. If that happens, he'll
get a surprise he won't forget.

My preference would be to also change:
 "*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup" to "default base=/usr". I
can't really explain why I like it better like that, it's just the
way I learned to do it and it works well for me.

Don