cannot remove own file from tmp

Mipam mipam at ibb.net
Thu Aug 26 03:40:40 PDT 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Subhro wrote:

> Silly me :-(, Login as root and type "mount" without the "s. Also
> could we have a listing of /etc/fstab and uname -a.

$ mount
/dev/wd0f on / (local, read-only)
/dev/wd0a on /config (local)
/dev/wd0d on /var (local)
/dev/wd0e on /opt (local)
procfs on /proc (local)

/etc/fstab:

/dev/wd0a       /config         ufs     rw 1 2
/dev/wd0b       none            swap    sw 0 0
/dev/wd0d       /var            ufs     rw 1 2
/dev/wd0e       /opt            ufs     rw 1 2
/dev/wd0f       /               ufs     ro 1 1
proc            /proc           procfs  rw 0 0

In / i do ls -l:

lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel     8 Aug 25 13:30 tmp -> var/tmp2

in /var i do ls -l:

drwxrwxrwt  5 root     wheel  1024 Aug 26 12:38 tmp2

Bye,

Mipam.