System freeze when useing bfe (Broadcom BCM440x) driver

Genius Freak geniusfreak at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 21:53:41 PDT 2004

I just installed 5.2.1 RELEASE from CD on my dell inspiron 1100

I found some guides online and used them to create a custom kernel for
the laptop,
it compiled and booted fine however it freezes whenever I use the network card.
(example: running "pkg_add -r cvsup" causes it to freeze )

I have compiled a second kernel while running the first to see it it
was just a CPU or resource issue but it went fine so it seems to me to
be the driver.

I have attached the kernel config file for reference.

Please tell me if there are any tricks to get this working properly.