Sharing?

JJB Barbish3 at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 25 15:13:52 PDT 2004

owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org wrote:
> Sure, go ahead, maybe try to get the latest (stable) version first
> though (5.3beta is out)..
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex.
>

> ro sa wrote:
>
>>   Hi "FreeBSD"
>>   I have a question. I'm I aloud to share FreeBSD (e.x. 5.0) in
like
>>   For example DC direkt connect or kazaa or anything like that ??
And
>>   another question Can I download the software and share it to my
>>   friends via cd?? Please answer.
>>   Keep Up the Good Work
>>   /Roger

> Sure, go ahead, maybe try to get the latest (stable) version first
> though (5.3beta is out)..
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex.

Alex please do not go around telling people that 5.3 beta is an
stable release. You can not be farther from the truth. 4.10 is the
official stable version. 5.3 is going through 7 weeks of weekly new
builds for detail testing and even them many of the show stopper
do-to items are not completed yet. 5.3 beta is not for general
public use. its an testing development version for bleeding edge
users to help the core development team find and debug problems
until further notice.