edwinculp edwinculp at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Aug 25 14:32:21 PDT 2004

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Steven Friedrich <FreeBSD at InsightBB.com>
Fecha: Miércoles, Agosto 25, 2004 3:49 pm
Asunto: Re:

> On Wednesday 25 August 2004 03:56 pm, Lee Harr wrote:
> > >I just installed mtools today.  I'm tracking 4.10 STABLE and my
> > >ports tree was updated yesterday.
> > >
> > >I get an error:
> > >root at lightning(p1)/usr/src 114% mdir a:
> > >Can't open /dev/fd0.720: Device not configured
> > >Cannot initialize 'A:'
> >
> > Does your dmesg mention fd0 ?
> > something like ...
> >
> > fd0: <1440-KB 3.5" drive> on fdc0 drive 0

> I'm glad you asked.  It says:
> fdc0: cannot reserve I/O port range

This is just a very wild guess but on current there is an issue with some Athlon motherboards w/via chipsets and the dmesg is something like

fdc0: <floppy drive controller> port 0x3f7,0x3f4-0x3f5,0x3f2-0x3f3 irq 6 drq 2 on acpi0
fdc0: I/O to control range incorrect
device_attach: fdc0 attach returned 6

I was told on the Current list that my acpi was on crack :) but Warner is preparing a patch.  It's been that was for a while.

Like I said, I doubt it is the same but just in case.  I assume you aren´t using Athlon with via chipset, if not I don't think that is the problem.

ed