ssh question

Hugo Silva klr at 6s-gaming.com
Wed Aug 25 12:13:58 PDT 2004

> After modifying the sshd.conf to allow my new IP access via ssh I can't
> connect.  I have stopped and restarted the service and the server and
> double

'Allow your new ip address' ?

What you can specify on /etc/ssh/sshd_config is the ip the server binds
to, not the ip addresses of the clients connecting. (your words suggest
you did this) - reconfigure your sshd_config to the old value (your ip
address, or 0.0.0.0) and re-start sshd.

To limit access to the sshd, use a firewall, like ipfw , pf , or ipfilter.

www.6s-gaming.com