installed ATA RAID, now cannot boot - get mountroot prompt

mailist at whoweb.com mailist at whoweb.com
Wed Aug 25 08:08:37 PDT 2004

You could try using the ed editor which should be located on the root
partition for just this reason.  Or, manually mount the usr partition when
you get to the shell prompt so you have access to other editors such as vi.
Hopefully you know what partition the usr file system is on (ie da0s1e) and
can then use:  mount /dev/da0s1e /usr