kernel compile

Cristi Tauber cristi.tauber at sbhost.ro
Tue Aug 24 23:14:45 PDT 2004

         hi all,
    I compile a 5.2.1 release's kernel with IPFIREWALL and IPSEC (?
IPSEC_ESP). I compiled the kernel w/o errors i rebooted and everything
works great. I mention that I do not installed any IPSEC software at
that time. I downloaded qmail ? ucspi and try to install. After ucspi I
had to reboot the server in order to start svscan. Now is my problem ...
the server is not booting with the error :

 /etc/rc: WARNING : /etc/ipsec.conf not readable; ipsec start aborted

  (OK ... i dont want ipsec right now)

ERROR: ABORTING BOOT (sending SIGTERM to parent)!
/bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated abnormally, going to single mode

           A tried to recompile the kernel without IPSEC and even
without IPFIREWALL ... i get the same error . What's wrong ???

                     thanks in advance

            Cristi