where to find what a port will try to download

Peter Ryan pryan at singnet.com.sg
Tue Aug 24 20:40:23 PDT 2004

Hi Matthew,

I am trying to find out which files a port
will try to download.

E.g. JDK14.  The Makefile has parameterised
distfiles and I cant see where the parameters
are resolved. I have looked in the other
package files and cant see anything.

I while back, when I knew less than nothing about
cvsup, you mentioned that the JDK14 port now used
a newer file from Sun.  (the '_05' instead of the
'_04' I was looking for)

How did you know the port wanted the newer file ?

And how did you find out the exact name ?

Thanks
Peter