cvsup

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue Aug 24 16:49:31 PDT 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Curtis Vaughan wrote:

> BTW!  After updating to 4-STABLE do I then perform all the following steps?
>
> Go to /usr/src
> enter the command: make buildworld KERNCONF=yourkernelname
> then: make kernel
> reboot
> go to /usr/src and type: make installworld

No:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html

The overview from the Handbook goes like this:

# make buildworld
# make buildkernel
# make installkernel
# reboot
    You should boot in single user mode (using boot -s from loader prompt
    for example). Then run:
# mergemaster -p
# make installworld
# mergemaster
# reboot

(I don't boot into single user there, but it's definitely a good thing
to do.)