Hard Mail Question

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Tue Aug 24 01:03:38 PDT 2004

* Sean Murphy <smurphy at calarts.edu> [20040824 02:12]: wrote:
> Without using "leave mail on server" or "leave mail on server for x days"
> is it possible after I have downloaded my email to my computer using pop3
> to put it back so I can access it from a different computer.  Possibly ftp
> it back to the server and copy it to my mail directory to redownload it? or
> mabey install imap and place it in my inbox folder on my local drive...
> would that throw it back on the server?
>
> FreeBSD 4.10 and Sendmail

Hi Sean,

The easy answer is NO.
The complicated answer is "everything is possible under the sky".
Maybe yes, if you ask this question on ms-outlook-users at microsoft.com ;)

You will ask them to direct you to a tool that takes a .dbx file, splits
it into individual e-mails, in a format that is not proprietary to
Microshit and then you can FTP those back to the server, placing them
either in ~smurphy/Maildir/new/ or in /var/mail/smurphy - I guess you
already see how much time you will waste using Microshit products!

-Wash

    |\      _,,,---,,_     | Odhiambo Washington    <wash at wananchi.com>
Zzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ | Wananchi Online Ltd.   www.wananchi.com
   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9  +254 20 313922
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)     | GSM: +254 722 743223   +254 733 744121