The problem about the lib file "libmysqlclient_r.so" when installing mysql

liyanling liyl02 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Mon Aug 23 20:17:45 PDT 2004

  hi, everyone.:)
  I wanted to install "mysql" on one server, which belongs to Sun Microsystem's UltraSPARC systems and its os is FreeBSD 5.2.1.

  I have installed ,mysql-client-3.23.58, and mysql-server-3.23.58 through FreeBSD port. But when I wanted to compile the software "ripe-dbase"--which prerequests the installation of mysql-- it always responsed "can not find the libmysqlclient_r.so file ".  Is there something I forgot to include during the installing? Can someone tell me how to resolve the problem.

   Thanks very much!

Yanling Li

Cernet Center,
Dept.of Computer Science & Tech.