How can I tell if I'm ssh'd into a host?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sun Aug 22 15:41:54 PDT 2004

	This is a strange one.  On different hosts in my ~/.zlogin,
	I test for `hostname` = HOST.thought.org

	If true, I do certain things such as set xhost FOO
	and xmodmap ~/.xmodmaprc...  I've noticed that with
	my 5-CURRENT on my laptop, I get complains from
	xhost and naturally, xmodmap.

	Is there a way of asking where I am on the console/KVM,
	or remote and ssh'd?  Sorry if I''m not explaining this
	well.  --I didn't notice these complains when I had
	4.10 on my laptop.   Aside from having .zlogin prompt:
	"Are you ssh'd in? [y/[n]] "  I'm drawing a blank.

	thanks, people,

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix