Query

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Sun Aug 22 13:22:13 PDT 2004

> I am really confused about the concept of FreeBSD. I know it is for server use, which is what I want, but wht do I download to get it working. I am running an AMD Athlon system NOT 64 bit. Please help me. Do you have an idiots guide?

There are no idiots running FreeBSD.  It is a very wise decision to do so.

Start with the handbook available free on the FreeBSD web site.
     http://www.freebsd.org/

While you are there, look around at other things and follow some oother
links to various FAQs and othre documentation and guidlines.

////jerry