Mouse problems with KVM switch

Mattias Björk mattias.bjork at sydnet.net
Thu Aug 19 18:10:41 PDT 2004

Hi,

hoe-waa at hawaii.rr.com wrote:
> From: Mattias Björk <mattias.bjork at sydnet.net>
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>hoe-waa at hawaii.rr.com wrote:
>>
>>>From: thrawn <mattias.bjork at sydnet.net>
>>>Date: Thursday, August 19, 2004 6:18 am
>

> <snip>

> <snip>
>

>>Does your KVM support hotkey? I have another KVM switch erlier that
>>did
>>work better but It didn't have support for hotkey. But It did not
>>work
>>perfectly but atleast the mouse worked mutch better if you compare
>>to this.
>

> Yes, the hotkeys work as designed.

Aha okey, sometimes they don't work for me. Strange.

>>>I came to the conclusion that the mouse will not work
>>>through the KVM switch using FBSD, or at> > Aloha Mattias
>>>
>>>Actually, I tried two with the same
>>>problem you are alluding to. least I never
>>>got it to.
>

> I had bought one on the mainland last month. When I
> couldn't get the mouse to work, I bought another here
> on the Big Island. I acted the same so I returned it
> and am using the original.

Okey, no help in chaning the mice for you either.

>>>Or perhaps the KVM  that I have been using are Crap or something in that direction.
>

> Me Too!!
>

>>>I have connected a mouse directly to each computer.
>
> Forgot to mention that both rodents are usb.

What do you mean with rodents, you mean the mice right? Have to luck up
the word to understand. :)

>>Then again its kind of dumb to have a KVM if you
>>still have to use the mouse directly connected
>>to the computer.
>

> At least I don't have to have 2 monitors and 2 keyboards
> on the desk.

Well it would be near impossible for me to have 4x keyboards,mice and
21" monitors. But then again I might get a switch just for keyboard and
monitor, save space anyway.

>>What is the brand and model of your KVM?
>

> "Made in China"

I guess you don't know, mine is LevelOne. Perhaps I should buy something
more expensive. I think that I would be worth it, the price with cables
for me was about 106 $. Perhaps It could be some interfarence that
causes this problem.

> Robert

Once again thanks for the answer.

Mvh Mattias Björk