Mouse problems with KVM switch

Mattias Björk mattias.bjork at sydnet.net
Thu Aug 19 17:34:56 PDT 2004

Hi,

Jay O'Brien wrote:
> I had the same problems with a 4-port KVM.
>
> I am using a 2-port KVM successfully between an XP box
> and a FreeBSD 4.10 box.  I've found that the scroll wheel
> doesn't work after switching back to Windows unless I
> also "reset" the KVM (Scroll Lock twice + End), but
> that's not a big deal.

I have tryed to reset/rescan but it does not seem to help or even work.
But I will try it out. It says for Auto Scan:

"To start Auto Scan automatically scans all ports one by one at a fixed
interval:

"left Ctrl + left Ctrl + F1"

But that does not help or even work, but perhaps im doing something
wrong. Manual scan is the same but F2 instead of F1.

Perhaps the problem is the mouse, Im using a "Logitech Click! optical
mouse". I have also tried my trackball "Marbel Mouse" and both are USB
with a PS/2 converter. Perhaps that is the problem, but then again I
have tryed a none mouse as well. But still that did not solve the problem.

> Here's the 2-port KVM switch:
> http://airlinkplus.com/kvm/akvm2.htm
>
> It's available at Fry's:
> http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3891817
>
> Jay O'Brien
> Rio Linda, CA USA

I live in sweden so I have to find a shop here in sweden. But I will
solve this problem some how. Thanks for the reply anyway.