php4

Jonathan T. Sage sagejona at theatre.msu.edu
Thu Aug 19 09:06:52 PDT 2004

Mark wrote:

> after a portupgrade I have lost mysql support with php4.
> I have pkg_deinstalled did a make--with-mysql=/usr/local/bin/mysql
> and pkg_reinstall but no support. Then portupgrade -m --with-mysql=/usr/local/bin/mysql php4. Then pkg_delete did make --with-mysql=/usr/local/bin/mysql then make install still no support. Mysql is there and working, logins work from command line and data is there. But from apache php is working but with no mysql support, phpinfo shows no mysql module loaded.
>
> A whereis gave me the /usr/local/bin/mysql, What would be the proper way to add support
> with php4 already installed??

Mark :

per ports/UPDATING:

20040719:
   AFFECTS: users of PHP
   AUTHOR: ale at FreeBSD.org

The old lang/php4 and lang/php5 ports have been splitted into 'base'
PHP, PEAR, and shared extensions to allow more flexibility and add new
features. Upgrading your current PHP installation will result in a
'base' PHP installation (no PEAR and no extensions). PEAR can be found
in the new devel/php4-pear and devel/php5-pear ports, while the set of
PHP extensions to install can be choosen via the meta-ports
lang/php4-extensions and lang/php5-extensions, or installing singular
extensions individually. If you have a previous php.ini configuration
file, be sure to comment out the extension_dir parameter, since the
correct path is statically compiled into the PHP binary. For an overview
of the modules used with the old PHP binary, use the command "php -m".

installing lang/php4-extensions should be helpful.

hope this helps,

~j

--
Jonathan T. Sage
Theatrical Lighting / Set Designer

"He said he likes me, but he's not in-like with me."- Connie, King of
the Hill

[HTTP://www.JTSage.com]
[HTTP://design.JTSage.com]
[sagejona at msu.edu]