Xorg Install

Tyler Parrott tparrott at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 09:05:11 PDT 2004

Hey all,

I'm currently trying to install X.Org onto my FreeBSD 4.10 machine but
am running into trouble.  I followed the instructions in
/usr/ports/UPDATING but to no avail.

Basically, I deleted XFree and imake using pkg_deinstall -f XFree\* imake\*

and then I go to /usr/ports/x11/xorg and type make install.  Instead
of installing, I get the following message:

===> xorg-6.7.0_1 is part of X.Org.  for switching to X.Org, read
UPDATING entry 20040723

If I try make install clean, I get a bunch of "cleaning for" messages.

Xorg does not install/compile at all when I try make install.  If I
try to locate xorg, it only shows up in ports (i.e. xorgconfig, etc...
are not found by locate).  I was wondering if I was doing anything
wrong?

Thanks
TP