SATA drive bootable ???

Peter Ulrich Kruppa root at pukruppa.de
Wed Aug 18 00:05:44 PDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Benjamin Sobotta wrote:

> Hi
>
> I don't know about the controller but in general this should work. Just make
> proper adjustments in your BIOS. I'm booting FreeBSD from an SATA RAID0.
> Works perfectly fine.
My BIOS doesn't show any boot options for SATA, neither does the
controller.
I can install FreeBSD from CD on the SATA drive, but the boot
manager seems to lead nowhere.
I guess my mainboard is too old for that.

But that doesn't really matter: I am going to divide the disk up
and mount it on my old system.

Thanks,

Uli.