Postfix+LDAP

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.com
Tue Aug 17 15:40:27 PDT 2004

Is the doc below still the way to go for LDAP support? I do a 'postconf
-m' and see ldap on the list. With that, I setup the alias_maps as shown
in the docs and used sample-ldap.cf to setup my main.cf file. I can't
see any attempts to the LDAP directory in the logs, should there be? And
in Webmin, it says 'It seems that LDAP is nonexistent in your Postfix
system'. I am running the FreeBSD port postfix-2.0.16...but thinking of
doing portupgrade to 2.1. BTW, I don't see any notes on this kind of
upgrade in /usr/ports/UPDATING. Any advice?

  http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html

esmtp# cat /etc/ldap-aliases.cf
server_host = directory.webtent.net
search_base = dc=webtent, dc=net
esmtp# grep ldap main.cf
ldap_timeout = 10
ldap_search_base = dc=webtent,dc=net
ldap_server_host = localhost
ldap_server_port = 389
ldap_query_filter = (uid=%s)
ldap_result_filter = %s
ldap_result_attribute = mailRoutingAddress
ldap_scope = sub
ldap_bind = yes
ldap_bind_dn = cn=<user>,dc=webtent,dc=net
ldap_bind_pw = <passwd>
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, ldap:/etc/ldap-aliases.cf

--
Robert