FreeBSD scanners

Marc Fonvieille blackend at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 17 06:23:45 PDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 03:32:37PM +0300, Anton Alin-Adrian wrote:
> Marc Fonvieille wrote:
>
> >>I found this "CANON Scanner Canon Lide30 USB" available to be bought
> >
> >It is supported under 4.10 and -CURRENT.  I use it :)  and I used it
> >during the write of the Handbook's scanners section.
> >
> >Marc
>
> Ok can you please confirm to me again that this is the model you are using
> and that it is working smoothly?
>
> Thanks and appologises for this reply, but I am going to buy it right away
> if you answer me positively.

I just pluged it on my -CURRENT laptop and did 2 scans :)
I find it noisy like many USB scanners (I prefer my old SCSI Snapscan),
but it remains a decent scanner.

Here are some logs for this scanner:

# dmesg | grep scanner
 kernel: uscanner0: Canon CanoScan, rev 1.10/1.00, addr
# sane-find-scanner -q
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x220e) at /dev/uscanner0
# scanimage -L
device `plustek:/dev/uscanner0' is a Canon N1240U/LiDE30 USB flatbed scanner

Marc