FreeBSD scanners

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Tue Aug 17 05:17:05 PDT 2004

<aanton at spintech.ro> wrote:
> Please, if any of you has confident experience with any of the following
> scanners under FreeBSD, please let me know. I must find something available
> for buying and it must work smoothly in FreeBSD (otherwise there's no point
> of buying a new scanner, as I already have one which is not working in
> anything else but Windows..)
>
> EPSON perfection 1670
> EPSON perfection 1670 Photo

A little tip: check out Epison's Clearance Center on their website if you're
in the market for one of their scanners. I secured a Perfection 1660 Photo for
half the price of a brand-new 1670. (Except for the chipset inside, the 1660
and 1670 seem to be identical in every way.)

Haven't quite gotten it working with FreeBSD and SANE but that's due more to a
lack of time to figure out exactly why SANE can't see the scanner on the bus.

--
Charles Ulrich
System Administrator