filesystem full on install

Steven Friedrich StevenFriedrich at InsightBB.com
Mon Aug 16 22:34:43 PDT 2004

So is your netgear router attached to a cable or dsl modem?  Could you connect
your box directly to the modem, at least until you get installed?

I don't understand why you used "boot and nuke".  When you get to
the partition editor, do you delete all the partitions, then make
one and mark it bootable and then in the slice editor use "a" for
automatically use entire disk, and it lays out / (root), /usr, var, etc.?

You must be filling in the page for a network adapter.  What IP adx are
you using for your box and what IP adx do you tell it is the gateway?

I don't know you, so don't be offended by any questions. I'm trying to help
without knowing you're level of expertise.

Does your router also have a build-in firewall?  Are you trying "passive ftp"?

When you restart your install, can you get back into fdisk and delete the
partition and remake it again?

What network card is in the box?  I guess you're booting off floppies?
When FreeBSD boots, does it correctly probe and identify your
network adapter?