dell 400sc scsi and 4.10 install

Jeanne techielists at regionalhelpwanted.com
Mon Aug 16 09:51:10 PDT 2004

Hi,

I've seen this topic come up in the lists recently but I haven't seen a solution for it. I'm trying to install 4.10 on a new 400SC. When I boot I see:

HBA	ID	LUN		Vendor
0	0	0		Fugitsu			36422MB
0	7	0		LSILogic 1020/1030
1	7	0		LSILogic 1020/2030

I'm able to partition the 36G drive but then the install (floppy - network) hangs when creating the file systems.
Unable to make new root filesystem on /dev/da0s1a
        Command returned status 36

BIOS options for drive configurations: SATA Primary off/auto, primary master off/auto, ide drive udama off/auto.

I would appreciate any help at all. Thanks.

Jeanne