Any problems with php 4.3.8_2

John Cholewa freebsd-questions at jc-news.com
Mon Aug 16 08:44:47 PDT 2004

Hi,

I upgraded the php4 port on this 4.8-RELEASE box to 4.3.8_2.  I'm also
using apache+mod_ssl-1.3.31+2.8.19.

When the lines

LoadModule php4_module        libexec/apache/libphp4.so
AddModule mod_php4.c

are uncommented, apache segfaults on startup.

We're not in a position to upgrade to a newer version of FreeBSD, given
that this box is a thousand miles away from us and I, being a novice in
many respects, am considered the unquestioned unix/bsd/etc expert in
this company (sadly, I wear too many hats for my employers to become
genuinely experienced in any one thing).

I read in a recent post that installing php5 seems to be something that
you install *instead* of "mod_php5 and "php5-cli".  Does the same apply
for php4?  I ask because I have "mod_php4-4.3.8_2,1", "php4-4.3.8_2" and
"php4-cli-4.3.8_2" installed here (as listed in "/var/db/pkg", all
installed from ports)

Has anything simlar to what I've described been reported with newer
versions of php?  Might I have installed conflicting packages?  Any
suggestions will be welcomed.  :)

--
  -JC