dealing with deffective RAM

Laurentiu Pancescu plaur_27 at yahoo.de
Sun Aug 15 13:31:43 PDT 2004

I was afraid this is what I'll be told, you're
probably right.  I have two 128M modules, I'll try to
find the faulty one, by running the tests just with
one at a time. If it's one of them (could also be the
processor, or the mainboard, right?), is it better to
buy a replacement for the defective one, or just a
single 256M module, to avoid mismatches between the
chips?  MB is a Matsonic/Chaintech 7AJA0 (I know, it's
cheap and not very good - that's what Compaq decided
to put inside Presario), KT833-based, hosting an
Athlon 1100MHz.

Thanks,
Laurentiu