find -exec surprisingly slow

Scott Mitchell scott+freebsd at fishballoon.org
Sun Aug 15 03:56:18 PDT 2004

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 12:30:01PM +0930, Paul A. Hoadley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 09:13:32PM -0500, Gary wrote:
>
> > There are several techniques just to block them at SMTP negotiation
> > all together, so they don't even enter your system...
>
> Techniques for qmail?  Without patching it?  I thought I had RTFMd
> pretty thoroughly, but I am willing to be enlightened.

Hi Paul,

I don't know how committed to qmail you are, but Exim will do this out of
the box.  I'm pretty sure it's part of the default config file.  With the
exim+exiscan patches (available from ports) you can get even more creative
and integrate virus scanning, SpamAssassin, etc. with very little effort.

Cheers,

	Scott