mozilla and courier-imap

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Sat Aug 14 14:58:41 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 12:50:22PM -0400, Richard Coleman wrote:

> I'm using the most recent ports for mozilla and courier-imap on an
> up-to-date FreeBSD-stable.  Very often I will not see new messages in a
> folder until I restart mozilla.  I was convinced it was mozilla that was

What do you mean with "a folder"? If you mean the normal INBOX, just
increase the value of "MAXPERIP" in /usr/local/etc/courier-imap/imapd.
This value must be increased for use with mozilla (16 should be fine).

If you mean "any" folder, you have to tell Mozilla to monitor this folder
for new incoming mails (right-click on the folder...).

Generally Courier-Imap works perfectly with Mozilla: I have several servers
running it with many users of Mozilla-Mail.

cu,
Uwe