can I reinstall make?

Ruben de Groot mail25 at bzerk.org
Fri Aug 13 04:33:43 PDT 2004

> Roger Merritt wrote:
>
> >root at kepler:/usr/ports/devel/autoconf253# cd ../../lang/perl5.8
> >root at kepler:/usr/ports/lang/perl5.8# make deinstall
> >Missing }.
> >
> >This doesn't look good. At the moment the machine is still fulfilling
> >its main function as a gateway to the Internet for the Windows machines
> >in our student computer lab, but I fear for the future. How can I be
> >sure the problem is really with 'make' and how can I fix the problem if
> >it is?

To reinstall the original make, there's 2 options.

1) if you compiled from sources, all you need to do is

cp /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.bin/make/make /usr/bin/

2) if you installed from CD, mount the cd, go to the /bin directory
   on the CD and issue the command

cat bin.?? | tar --unlink -xpzf - -C / ./usr/bin/make

G'luck,

Ruben