what's wrong with my ports???

Will will at crime.ctf.edu
Wed Aug 11 17:13:32 PDT 2004

Duane Winner wrote:
| Hello all,
|
| This problem has been recurring on my laptop (5.2.1-RELEASE-p9) for the
| past few weeks and I'm scratching my head.
|
| Very frequently, I'll go to portinstall something, and I'll get several
| stop errors, and the build will fail.
|
| But if I do a "rm -rf /usr/ports", then re-cvsup my ports collection, I
| can successfully build whatever port I was trying at the time. However,
| a few days later (or whatever), I'll try to build another port, and it
| will start all over. I delete /usr/ports, cvsup again, then I'm fine.
| This has happened several times over the past few weeks and the whole
| manual cvsup'ing to refresh my entire /usr/ports every time is getting
| old. (Although I've noticed I can sometimes get away with just deleting
| the /usr/ports/... directory of the port I'm trying to build and
| cvsup'ing again.)
|
| I'm keeping my ports current the same way on a workstation in at work,
| and I've had no problems there, so I know it has to be something that's
| wrong on my laptop.
|
| Here is the output of the latest port failure (fwbuilder):
|
| ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for net-snmp-5.1.2
| 2 out of 4 hunks failed--saving rejects to
| agent/mibgroup/ucd-snmp/diskio.c.rej
|  >> Patch patch-diskio.c failed to apply cleanly.
|  >> Patch(es) patch-Makefile.in patch-aa patch-auto_nlist.c
| patch-configure.in applied cleanly.
| *** Error code 1
|
| Stop in /usr/ports/net-mgmt/net-snmp.
| *** Error code 1
|
| Stop in /usr/ports/security/libfwbuilder.
| *** Error code 1
|
| Stop in /usr/ports/security/fwbuilder.
| ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
| /tmp/portinstall79078.0 make
| ** Fix the problem and try again.
| ** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
|         ! security/fwbuilder    (patch error)
| --->  Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
|

| Thank for any feedback!
|
| -Duane

I'm abit confused, just syncing your port tree via cvsup does'nt work?
ie. things wont build after that, but after removing your entire ports
tree they will? Are you sure it couldn'nt be a disc problem with the
ports files being corrupted?

- --
Do yourself a favor, don't use IE!
www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/