Top posting solution

Danny nocmonkey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 07:12:27 PDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:45:58 -0400, JJB <barbish3 at adelphia.net> wrote:
> Over the years I have seen many posts on this list where Unix hard
> liners complain about people posting their replies to the top of the
> email messages on this list.
>
> The fact of life is all the Unix mail clients adhere to the Unix
> email format of posting the reply to the bottom of the email while
> indenting with a quote character.
>
> Top posting came along when MS/Windows came on the market with their
> own email clients: Outlook express which is the email client built
> into Internet explorer and the MS/Office Outlook email client.
>
> There is a little known fix for MS/Outlook express and MS/Office
> Outlook email clients that change the behavior of these MS/Windows
> email clients so they adhere to the Unix email format of posting the
> reply to the bottom of the email while indenting with a quote
> character.
>
> Information and fix download can be found at these URLs.
>
>  MS/Outlook express
> http://home.cs.tum.edu/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
>
>  MS/Office Outlook
> http://home.cs.tum.edu/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/
>
> To all you Unix hard liners, Please instead of complaining to the
> top posters, it would be so much nicer if you just informed the
> MS/Windows top poster of the above links so they know about the
> solution to fix their email clients to adhere to the Unix email
> format used on this list.

Geez this is tough to ask cause it has nothing to do with FreeBSD, but
has anyone tried this (Outlook-quotefix) with Outlook 2003 in an
Exchange (2000 or 2003 envrionment)?

For the record, I love FreeBSD and utilize it's power throughout a
company which is mainly MS (not my choice right now) boxen. :)

...D