php5 & libgd

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 00:36:17 PDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 07:29:46PM -0500, antenneX wrote:
> [...]

That doesn't sound good at all.  But you two are the only people who
have reported anything like this -- and as the port's maintainer, I'd
hope I would be the first point of contact for problem reports.

I'm mystified as to why you should be having problems with the GD
extension specifically.  It's just another run-of-mill PHP extension.

Hmmm... I've just tried doing a test install of phpMyAdmin on a system
stripped of all previously installed php or pecl ports:

    # cd /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin
    # make install DEFAULT_PHP_VER=5

and as a result the following PHP/PECL ports are installed:

    % pkg_info -I \*php\* \*pecl\*
    pecl-pdflib-2.0.1   A PECL extension to create PDF on the fly
    php5-5.0.0_2        PHP Scripting Language (Apache Module and CLI)
    php5-bz2-5.0.0_2    The bz2 shared extension for php
    php5-gd-5.0.0_2     The gd shared extension for php
    php5-mysql-5.0.0_2  The mysql shared extension for php
    php5-openssl-5.0.0_2 The openssl shared extension for php
    php5-pcre-5.0.0_2   The pcre shared extension for php
    php5-zlib-5.0.0_2   The zlib shared extension for php
    phpMyAdmin-2.5.7.1_1 A set of PHP-scripts to administer MySQL over the web

and everything seems to be working as intended.

Can you verify that you both have an up to date version of ports, that
you've built or downloaded a copy of the INDEX{,-5} file to match the
ports and if you've got any relevant settings in /etc/make.conf or
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf (if using portupgrade)?

If the port still fails to install cleanly please do get back to me,
with as much detail as you can about exactly what the build process
outputs where the error occurs.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way