Top posting solution

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Aug 10 19:38:51 PDT 2004

On 2004-08-10 22:02, Chuck Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> wrote:
> Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >On 2004-08-10 18:14, JJB <Barbish3 at adelphia.net> wrote:
> [ ...badly quoted stuff... ]
> >I apologize in advance if I jump in in what might sound like a
> >knit-picking manner.  However, if this "fix" produces messages like the
> >one above, where all the usual mutilation of Outlook regarding quoting
> >and wrapping the text is clearly visible...
> >
> >it's not a fix :-(
>
> Giorgos-- it would be reasonable to assume that JJB was using the tool he
> speaks of, only that would not be correct; oe-quotefix doesn't work with
> Outlook itself:
>
> ] From: JJB <Barbish3 at adelphia.net>
> ] Subject: RE: Top posting solution
>
> [ Only someone condemned to support Windows users would want to understand
> the relationship between Outlook and OE in more detail, so suffice it to
> say that the two are much more different than one might expect from the
> shared name. ]

Thanks for the clarification!  I was sleepy when I replied and somehow
missed the important yet subtle detail.  I do know the differences of
Outlook and OE.  I regularly have to read email formatted [or should I
say "unformatted"?] by Outlook 2003 for my $realjob and I've used both
Outlook and OE in the past.

I just felt it was a bit funny to find a message in support of Outlook that
exhibited exactly the sort of malformed output that Outlook is known for.
What I wrote wasn't meant to be an offense to JJB who's one of the regular
posters and *does* contribute a lot to helping others :-)