Top posting solution

David Kelly dkelly at HiWAAY.net
Tue Aug 10 17:09:31 PDT 2004

On Aug 10, 2004, at 4:58 PM, Kevin Stevens wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, JJB wrote:
>
>> The fact of life is all the Unix mail clients adhere to the Unix
>> email format of posting the reply to the bottom of the email while
>> indenting with a quote character.
>
> Not true.  Pine doesn't, for example.  It begins a reply with the
> cursor
> at the very top of the message body.

"Cursor at the top on reply" is correct. Its correct because that is
where one should start *editing*, is very rarely where one should start
*typing*. Blaming the situation on Microsoft is too simplistic.

The #1 problem I have with top-posters is that they fail to read the
entire message they are re-sending. Had they bothered to read the whole
thing they would have deleted the illegible bulk. But then again if
they would actually read their own message in its entirety they'd know
it was a mess with everything out of order and badly formatted and
learn to properly trim and reply with inserted comments.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net