does a working driver exist for the nForce2 MCP nic?

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Tue Aug 10 07:43:32 PDT 2004

Vulpes Velox wrote:

>On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:16:16 -0700 (PDT)
>stheg olloydson <stheg_olloydson at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>Out of general principle, I would like to get the
>>onboard NIC working on an MSI K7N2 Delta-L mobo. I
>>have checked the archives and googled this issue. I
>>found A LOT of discussion. To sum up, Bill Paul was
>>trying to get nVidia to cooperate, but they were
>>having none of it. According to
>>http://www.onthenet.com.au/~q/nvnet/ a driver is
>>available via ports/net/nvnet, but my fresh install of
>>5.2.1-Release doesn't have that port. I can pull it
>>from the site, but before I needlessly mung my system,
>>does anyone know if it works? If it was in ports
>>before, why is it gone now?
>>

>You need up update your port tree.

Seems likely.  Although the port was added in December
and tagged in both 4.10-RELEASE and HEAD at that time,
it must not have MFC'ed->RELENG_5 until after 5.2.1 was
released (in January, IIRC), therefore a CDROM ports tree
of 5.2.1 wouldn't include nvnet.

It is there now.  I don't know if it works.  Grit your teeth and
hang on!  (Seriously, I really doubt it'd be in there if there were
any serious problems at all, but YMMV....)

Kevin Kinsey